Cat Friendly Clinic
What is a Cat Friendly Clinic?
Our Deputy Head Nurse Mellissa Amies is our dedicated Cat Advocate having attained ISFM feline friendly status for the practice.
As a cat friendly clinic we understand that there are unique difficulties in bringing your cat to the Vets such as…
- Cats often do not travel well and feel unsafe away from home
- They are highly sensitive to new sights, sounds and smells
- Most cats prefer quiet and solitude and are highly susceptible to stress
- Most cats are highly stressed by nearby dogs in the clinic
- Cats need to be handled gently and with respect in the clinic
As a Silver accredited Cat Friendly Clinic we have reached a higher standard of cat care in that our staff
- Understand the needs of cats and have made visits to us more cat friendly
- Understand how to approach and handle cats gently and with care
- Have good knowledge and equipment to manage the care of cats